The Open Institute is a local non-governmental and not-for-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate knowledge sharing and communication for social development in Cambodia. It presently runs six programs: KhmerOS, Women, E-learning, Open Schools, Publications and Lexicography.
The Open Institute is seeking a qualified candidate for the Researcher position of the Open Schools Program.
- To design a strategic research framework and questionnaires, to implement research, to analyze the researched results and to develop the result reports.
2. Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree of Sociology or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in research design, implementation and analysis in projects. Better if related to development or education.
- Experienced on the use of a statistical analysis program.
- Having background on gender equity is an added value.
- Have a good level of computer literacy (Email, Internet, Mailing lists, Online forums, Blogs and etc).
- Good proactive personality, self-initiative, time management skills, discipline, and require little supervision.
- Speak and write good Khmer and English language.
- Having a broader perspective of the use of Information Communication Technology for Development.
- Be motivated to work for a social project and to continue learning while working.
3. Working condition and Salary
- This position is full time employment and recruitment is as soon as possible.
- Be able to travel to the provinces and outside of the country in short notice.
- Attractive salary will be offered base on experience and qualifications.
4. Recommended Reading
It is strongly encouraged that you download and read the job description and access to the following websites:
- Job description of the Researcher (in English, in the pdf format).
- Open Schools Program, http://www.open.org.kh/en/osp
The Khmer Software Initiative Program, http://www.khmeros.info/drupal/?q=en/about
- The website of the Open Institute, www.open.org.kh
5. Submission of application
Please make sure that when you submit your application, it contains:
- A cover letter that addresses how your qualifications meet the selection criteria mentioned above.
- Latest updated CV attached with a recent passport photo and relevant certificates.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit all required documents as mentioned in “section 5” in hard copy to House 19 Street 374, Sangkat Tuol Svay Prey I, Khan Chamkarmorn.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.