The Open Institute is a local non-governmental and not-for-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that the benefits of technology for social and economic advance are usable in Cambodian society. At present the Open Institute implements six key programs: Open Learning (E-Learning), Open Schools, Women, KhmerOS, River of Knowledge, The Mirror Online and Lexicography.
The main goal of the Open Learning program is to empower educational institutions on the design, implementation and management of distance education programs through e-learning by:
- Creating the necessary infrastructure and resources for the design, implementation and management of e-learning projects.
- Supporting educational institutions in the successful planning and development of their e-learning projects.
- Ensuring quality of e-learning education by partner institutions.
We invite committed and qualified candidate to apply for the "E-Learning Trainer" position at our growing and creative Open Learning Program to support and promote the use of e-Learning in Cambodia.
- To deliver face-to-face and online training on e-learning skills that include Instructional Design, Content Development, Technology, Support Virtual Learning Environment, Interactivity and Course Management.
- To develop training materials for e-learning courses as required.
- To adapt training materials from English to Khmer.
- To evaluate and improve training content and methodology.
- To promote e-learning community.
- Other responsibilities as maybe required in the job description.
2. Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree of Education or Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of two-year work experience as a teacher.
- A very good level of computer literacy (Office, Email, Internet, Mailing list, Moodle, Flash), information management and photo editor program.
- Having experience related to e-learning and a broader perspective on the use of ICT in Education will add more value for the consideration.
- Speak and write good Khmer and English languages.
- Good proactive personality, friendly and cooperative attitude to work with, self-initiative, time management skills, discipline, can work with less supervision, eager to learn and to share knowledge, and work commitment.
3. Working condition and Salary
- This position is full time employment and recruitment is as soon as possible.
- Be able to travel to the provinces and outside of the country in short notice.
- Attractive salary will be offered base on experience and qualifications.
4. Recommended Reading and Download
We strongly encourage that you download and read all the following information:
- Open Learning Program application form (in English, in OpenOffice or in MS Office format),
- Job description of trainer (in English, in the pdf format).
- The background of the Open Learning Program (in Khmer, in the pdf format).
- The background of e-learning development and management training (in Khmer, in the pdf format)
- The Open Learning Program: http://www.open.org.kh/en/open-learning
- The Open Learning Portal: http://elearning.open.org.kh/
- The website of the Open Institute, http://www.open.org.kh
5. Application Submission
Please make sure that when you submit your application, it contains:
- Filled-in Open Learning Program application form.
- A signed cover letter that addresses how your qualifications meet the selection criteria mentioned above.
- Latest updated CV attached with a recent passport photo and relevant certificates.
Your application can be submitted in hard copy to our office or in electronic copy to be sent to this email address email@example.com with the subject line "E-learning Trainer" application.
6. Capacity Building
- On the job training will be provided to successfully selected candidate.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit all required documents as mentioned in "section 5:Application Submission" in hard copy to House 19 Street 374, Sangkat Tuol Svay Prey I, Khan Chamkarmorn.
Application closing date is on 11 December 2009 at 11:30 am.
For further inquiry: 012 488 776.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Before Applying, please make sure to follow all detailed instruction at